Thursday, September 26, 2013

Space and laziness

I've been thinking about something that has been bothering me about my work...

I instinctively like to have everything up front and on the surface. I lack depth...
-not conceptually, (not personally, LOL), but spatially...my work is flat!
 I was looking at where I was headed with this piece and got annoyed with myself...once again....FLAT!

So I thought....The one thing that brings me peace in my frazzle is the nature around us.
 
Nature has always been a good place/thing for my head to be filled with, even more so now than when I was younger. Or maybe I'm just more aware of what I need!
Ahhh...the whole with age comes wisdom bit!
The plus side to getting wrinkles.

Since I'm painting MY world (with liberties)
(I know, very self centered of me)...this element seems to be the right fit!




Back to the issue of me being a lazy painter...
I can feel it, and I'm aware that I want to lay stuff in and be done. This is SO not going to be possible with egg tempera. I have started laying in the lake and our front steps (which lead to our house)...and it's flat.
Word... and the bane of my existence for the day...Flatness!


Yes, I know...I'm feeling very dramatic today. LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment